ACAP Vision: Individuals and Communities Free of Mental Illness
ACAP Mission: To promote mental health and repair emotional damage through teaching, training and treating.
We achieve this mission by:
- Applying the transformative power of talk and listening to enable individuals and communities to achieve success.
- Training in the application of effective interventions and clinical skills.
We achieve this mission through:
- Teaching and Training:
- Offering a Modern Psychoanalytic Certificate training program – with continuous national accreditation since 1990.
- Offering a Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling and Master of Arts in Psychoanalysis, in partnership with the Boston Graduate School of psychoanalysis regionally accredited degrees with counseling curriculum approved by the New Jersey State Professional Counselor Examiners Committee
- Offering Continuing Education for: mental health, medical, organizational, public health and service, law enforcement, and educational professionals – to all interested in learning about human motivation, interpersonal relationships, parenting and education issues; and
- Serving as a community resource by developing programs and seminars that apply psychoanalytic expertise, such as: Trauma and Resilience Studies, One-Year Program, Friday Night Seminars, Immigrant Experience Forum, Nurses’ Grant, and a Community Partnering Network, for institutions, organizations and individuals working with some of our communities’ most challenged members.
Providing a mental health treatment facility for quality outpatient, comprehensive mental health treatment at affordable fees, without regard to insurance or managed care issues.